Now that Easter is behind us I thought I’d share with you a project that didn’t quite cut the mustard. I started out with good intentions of making a bunny from recycled materials and household items. The template I designed for the bunny’s skeletal structure came along smoothly. After I assembled the pieces together, I secured it with hot-glue. Then I took wads of crumpled newspaper and built out the body using masking tape. At this point it looked great. The scale of the body was perfect. I had made so much with so little. But the truth was it still looked like a mummified rabbit found in an Egyptian tomb. I had to give it fur. I thought cotton balls and jellybeans could work. I thought wrong. The proportions were entirely thwarted by the bulkiness of the cotton and the green candy eyes just made it look pure evil. By the time I was able to re-approach the craft, we had already programmed the rest of our Easter content for 2010. Maybe next year I'll try again. So I put my reject project in our give away pile as a joke and to my surprise it was immediately snagged. Turns out our Beauty Producer Mary Forrest loves it and made a special home for it in her office. She’s thinking of what to name it. Please write in with your suggestions.
Behind the Scenes : A good home for a bad craft.Posted by Aaron Caramanis
Post a comment
Comments are moderated, and will not appear on this weblog until the author has approved them.