I wanted to share an easy Mother's Day gift idea and another great craft (see gallery below), both using our Martha Stewart Crafts Screw Punch. To celebrate Mother's Day, we will be giving away a screw punch and set of our 24 pack of glitter!! (See below for details.)
One of our talented crafters, Emily Eibel, came up with these projects and she describes them here:
"The screw punch has many uses when it comes to paper crafting, but I love to repurpose my tools to craft with fabric. A personalized tote bag can be a great Mother’s Day gift–and you can easily accomplish a unique look by using a screw punch to design your stencil.
- screw punch
- type and flower templates
- freezer paper
- iron and ironing board
- canvas tote bag
- acrylic paint in light and dark pink
- Layer the template over a piece of freezer paper (shiny side down), and screw punch the design using all three hole sizes.
- Arrange the freezer paper stencils on your tote and iron them down (again, shiny side down) on medium to low heat. Freezer paper, when ironed, creates a temporary bond to fabric, which keeps your paint from leaking!
- Put some cardboard inside your tote so paint won't leak through to the other side.
- Pounce acrylic paint through the stencil. You can use tape or a piece of card stock to mask holes if you are using more than one color. Let paint dry.
- Peel off the freezer paper stencil, and fill the tote with magazines, delicious treats, or books by your mom’s favorite author!"
For a chance to win the Martha Stewart Crafts Screw Punch and Essential Colors Glitter Set, please leave a comment on this post. All comments must be received by 6 p.m. on Friday, April 29. We'll choose one commenter at random to win the prize. Read the official rules for this giveaway here.