Blogger Ez of Creature Comforts kicks off our Gift Wrap Challenge:
Hi everyone! Ez from Creature Comforts blog here (so pleased to meet you). Today I'm excited to share a quick holiday DIY with you all that I think you'll love: Adorned Glitter Clothespin Gift Toppers! This project uses supplies that are both easy to find and affordable, and I for one, am a big fan of budget-friendly craftiness that doesn't require me to source a million and one hard-to-find components in order to get my craft on. Okay, let's make some merry!
- Wooden clothespins - standard and/or smaller sizes. Standard pins can be found in most grocery stores (in the laundry isle) and Target | smaller versions are available in craft stores and online.
- Permanent double-sided tape - Available at office supply stores and Target
- Fine glitter - I used Martha Stewart's glitter in kunzite, garnet, and feldspar
- Craft scissors
- Small holiday figurines - such as bottlebrush trees available in craft stores, a snowman cupcake topper (with pick removed), and vintage miniature deer (similar to these ). Check the cake decorating isle at your local craft and grocery stores for some fun options. These gift toppers would also look great with a mini (shatter-proof) ornament, jingle bell, etc. Be creative and have fun with it.
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks - these are super affordable at craft supply stores
- Clear nail polish (optional)
- Fine-tipped pen (optional)
- Other accessories I used for wrapping (all featured in the December 2011 issue of Living):
-Blank gift tags
- Round paper mache gift boxes
I hope you enjoyed this project and will have a wonderful holiday season with your friends and loved ones! xo Ez