Today's Valentine tutorial comes from the talented Christine Schmidt of Yellow Owl Workshop. In addition to her amazing shop, Christine is author of "Print Workshop: Hand-Printing Techniques + Truly Original Projects" (we're fans!):
How to Make Hug + Kiss Stationery Set
Tip: "I like to print these out at the local copy shop because I don't want to use up all my pricey inkjet printer toner and they have a variety of color card stock options."
(2) 8.5 x 11" Templates (2 Pages) printed on card stock - download for free here!
Instructions (once you've printed your clip-art!)
1. Using scissors or craft knife to cut out card (top right on printable) outside purple line + envelope (page 2 of printable).
2. Use craft knife to score along dotted lines of envelope.
3. Turn envelope over so printed design is on back.
4. Fold flap A + flap B over along dotted line and crease.
5. Fold flap C + flap D over along dotted line, crease and unfold.
6. Apply rubber cement to flap A and flap B.
7. Fold flap C over flaps A + B and press firmly until cement sets.
8. Write message on card and place in envelope.
9. Apply rubber cement to flap d and press firmly until cement sets.
10. Rub excess rubber cement away with fingertips.
Bonus: Cut out gift tags above. Punch out gray hole with hole punch and string with ribbon or twine.