The Crafts Dept. Blog Sticker Giveaway
NO SUBSCRIPTION, ONLINE ENTRY OR PURCHASE REQUIRED TO ENTER OR RECEIVE A PRIZE. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
These Official Rules apply for The Crafts Dept. Blog Sticker Giveaway promotion ("Sweepstakes") conducted by Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. (“MSLO”), 601 West 26th Street, 10th Floor, New York, New York 10001 ("Sponsor") which will be promoted at http://thecraftsdept.marthastewart.com (“Website”). The Sweepstakes will start at 10:00 AM Eastern Daylight Savings Time ("EDT") on June 8, 2011 and will end at 6:00 PM EDT on June 10, 2011 (“Promotion Period”). By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to the Terms in these Official Rules.
1. SWEEPSTAKES ENTRANTS AND PRIZE RECIPIENT MUST BE BOTH (A) LEGAL RESIDENTS OF ONE (1)
OF THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES OR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND (B) AGED 18 YEARS OR OLDER
AT THE TIME OF ENTRY TO BE ELIGIBLE. VOID OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. SWEEPSTAKES SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL,
STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Employees of Sponsor, its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion, fulfillment and/or judging agencies, and related entities (collectively, the “Released Entities”), and their immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings, children and their spouses) regardless of where they reside and/or those living in the same household of any such individual (whether or not related) are not eligible to enter or win.
2. TO ENTER: Via the Internet: Go to http://thecraftsdept.marthastewart.com/2011/06/sticker-giveaway.htm during the Promotion Period and provide your complete name, a valid e-mail address, and post a relevant comment (individually as “Entry” and collectively as the “Entries”). Entries must be received by 6:00 PM EDT on June 10, 2011. Entry is limited to one (1) per person, per valid e-mail address. Use of automated devices is not valid for Entry. Sponsor is not responsible for Entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are lost due to computer or electronic malfunction or other error. Incomplete, unreadable, inaccurate, unintelligible or late Entries which otherwise do not comply with these Official Rules will be disqualified. Your Entry constitutes your consent to participate in this Sweepstakes and your consent for Sponsor to obtain and deliver your name, address and other information to prize supplier for the purpose of administering this Sweepstakes and for other uses by Sponsor as permitted by applicable law. Entries are the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
- The Entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement;
- The Entry must not disparage Sponsor, Released Entities or any other person or party affiliated with the Sweepstakes;
- The Entry must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use to incorporate in his/her Entry in this Sweepstakes;
- The Entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene, hateful, tortuous, defamatory, slanderous or libelous;
- The Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; and
- The Entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where Entry is created.
3. WINNER SELECTION/RANDOM DRAWING: One (1) potential prize winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received. The random drawing will be conducted on or about June 20, 2011 by Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all respects pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries received.
4. ONE (1) PRIZE: Prize consists of one (1) Martha Stewart Snorkeling Sticker set $3.99, one (1) Martha Stewart Lighthouse and Compass Sticker set $3.99, one (1) Martha Stewart Sailboat Sticker set $3.99 and one (1) Martha Stewart Road Sign Sticker set $2.99. Total approximate retail value (“ARV”) of prize is $14.96. All expenses and costs associated with the acceptance and use of the prize are the sole responsibility of the prize winner. Prize winner will be solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize. No cash substitution, assignment, or transfer of any prize permitted. In the event the prize is unavailable, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. The ARV of the prize set forth above represents Sponsor’s good faith determination of the retail value thereof, and the actual fair market value, as ultimately determined by Sponsor, is final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated ARV of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of the prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise.
5. CLAIMING PRIZE/RELEASE: Eligibility, age and claims made by potential prize winner are subject to verification. Potential prize winner will be notified by e-mail on or about June 20, 2011 and sent via e-mail a publicity release (unless prohibited by law) and a Prize Verification Form which potential prize winner must sign and return to Sponsor ten (10) business days of notification. If prize winner notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, selected potential prize winner is ineligible, or selected potential prize winner declines the prize, the prize will be awarded to an alternate potential prize winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. Sponsor is not responsible for fraudulent e-mails made to entrants not by the Sponsor. Prize will be awarded provided it is properly claimed.
6. INTERNET: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned due to an infection by a computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor or the Released Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. Neither the Sponsor nor any Released Entity assumes any responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of Entries. Neither the Sponsor nor any Released Entity is responsible for any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or Entry to be received by the Sponsor or any Released Entity due to technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at the Website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Contest or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ANY RELEASED ENTITY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR INCOMPATIBILITY OF ENTRANT’S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY WITH SPONSOR’S OR SUCH RELEASED ENTITY’S HARDWARE, SOFTWARE OR BROWSER TECHNOLOGY. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR OR AFFECTED RELEASED ENTITY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHERREMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of a prize winner based on an e-mail address, the prize winning Entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the e-mail address at time of Entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person 18 years of age or older who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, education institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor may ask any entrant or potential prize winner to provide Sponsor with proof that such party is the authorized account holder of the email account associated with the Entry.
7. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants and prize winner: (1) agree to be bound by these Official Rules; (2) agree to release Sponsor and the Released Entities from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, costs or expenses, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death arising out of participating in this Sweepstakes, or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery; and (3) consent to the use of his/her name, voice, picture, and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes in any medium throughout the world in perpetuity without additional compensation unless prohibited by law, and (4) acknowledge that Sponsor and the Released Entities have neither made nor are responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including but not limited to its quality, mechanical condition, or fitness for a particular purpose. Sponsor may discontinue this Sweepstakes at any time. Sponsor may terminate any Sweepstakes or decide to modify it in any manner that it deems fair and equitable to participants if it becomes aware of any occurrence that would materially affect the Sweepstakes’ security and fairness. Sponsor may prohibit individuals from participating in Sweepstakes and disqualify Entries if they (1) attempt to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules, (2) attempt to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules in any way or (3) repeatedly show a disregard for the Sweepstakes Official Rules or act (a) in an unsportsmanlike manner, or (b) with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or
harass any other entrant or Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the Sweepstakes are final.
8. LIABILITY & RELEASE: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and the Released Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize hereunder, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of Entries; or (e) injury or death to a person(s) or damage to property which may be result, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or entrants’ receipt, acceptance, use and/or enjoyment of any prize. In no event shall Sponsor or the Released Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Each Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. Sponsor and the Released Entities reserve the right to correct typographic, clerical or printing errors in any Sweepstakes materials. Sponsor and the Released Entities are not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of this Sweepstakes, the administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize winner, including such error as may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In the event the Sponsor or the Released Entities are prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute, or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order of regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within the Sponsor’s or the Released Entities’ control (each a “Force Majeure” event) the Sponsor and the Released Entities shall have the right, in their sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes without notice or further obligation. If the Sponsor or the Released Entities, in their discretion, elect to abbreviate, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes as a result of a Force Majeure event, the Sponsor and the Released Entities reserve the right, but shall have no obligation, to award the prize from among all valid and eligible Entries received up to the time of such Force Majeure event.
10. NAME OF WINNER/OFFICIAL RULES: To obtain the name of the prize winner (available after July 15, 2011) or a copy of the Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to be received by August 31, 2011 to: Crafts Dept. Blog Sticker Giveaway, c/o Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., 601 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001. Please specify "Official Rules" or "Winner List". VT residents do not need to affix return postage for Official Rules requests. Do not send Sweepstakes Entries to this address.
HAVE A QUESTION? Visit our website and e-mail us at www.marthastewart.com or write us at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc., Consumer Marketing, 601 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001.
NATURE OF SPONSOR’S BUSINESS: Media and Merchandising.
Copyright © 2011 Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia, Inc. All rights reserved.